Mindsource is seeking a Network Engineer for one of our Direct Clients based in Silicon Valley / San Deigo, CA. If interested, please drop your resume to [email protected]
Title: Network Engineer
Location: Cupertino, CA / San Deigo , CA
Contract Type: W2
Pay Range – $75-$85/HR W2
The role is extremely cross-functional, and you will work with API frameworks teams, network device driver teams, privacy and security teams, etc.
- Deep understanding of BSD Kernel networking stack design and architecture
- Strong low-level system programming skills
- Should be able to disassemble and look at the assembly code for deeper insights
- Strong software design and development skills including C, and C++ programming language experience
- Knowledge of the TCP/IP suite of protocols (including IPv6) and APIs
- Familiarity with security protocols (like IPSec, TLS, etc.…) and understanding of threat models
- Experience with Unix networking, including sockets API
- Experience with software debugging tools like gdb/lldb, and dtrace
- Experience debugging networking issues using diagnostics tools like Wireshark, and tcptrace
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple assignments in parallel, and be self-driven to be effective in an environment with little overhead. The candidate also needs to show initiative, ability to take ownership of a problem area, and demonstrate an ability to understand the role of the group's technology in the larger context of the product and network environment. The position has cross-functional aspects, and you will need to show excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Education & Experience
BS or higher education in Computer Science or equivalent networking software development experience
– Mac OS and iOS development experience
– BSD Networking stack development experience
– Strong low level system software development experience
To apply for this job please visit www2.jobdiva.com.